Deivina proactively advises employers in relation to their obligations, restructuring, industrial disputes, disciplinary action and termination of employment. Prior to joining M+K, she worked as an associate to Senior Deputy President Acton, of the Australian Industrial Relations Commission.
Deivina's expertise includes:
- General Employment advice
- Drafting of contracts
- Unfair dismissal advice
- Policy drafting and training
Managing employment risk When a client wanted to inform its management team about the organisational risks in its role as an employer, we developed and delivered a day-long training program. By covering the basics of Employment Law, the interactive sessions enabled managers to better deal with people issues and avoid claims against the organisation.
Restructuring and redundancies An employer needed help restructuring and implementing a number of redundancies. I worked closely with them to manage their consultation obligations and communications with employees. The process went smoothly.
Qualifications, membership and recognition
- Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- Master of Laws, Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts, Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Public Relations, RMIT University
- Accredited Specialist in Workplace Relations
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Workplace Relations Specialist Advisory Committee, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Industrial Relations Society Victoria
- Board Member, Southern Migrant + Refugee Centre