Craig is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer, focused on capital raisings, mergers + acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate governance. He also has significant experience with Australian-based companies that invest and operate in Africa as well as African-based companies investing and operating in Australia.
Craig's expertise includes:
- Corporate law
- Corporate Governance
- Commercial law
- Property law
Recently Overseen Projects
- A $20 million capital raising for an mineral exploration company based out of Singapore;
- A capital restructure of a mining service company;
- Providing advice on the prospectus (for due diligence purposes) of a coal seam gas exploration company listing on the ASX;
- A $2million capital raising for a global IT company.
Corporate solutions in Zimbabwe Our client sought a majority stake in a Zimbabwean coal seam gas exploration company, but needed to comply with local Black empowerment laws. To resolve the issue, I worked closely with counsel in Zimbabwe. Ultimately, we structured a deal where our client retained control but also complied with local legislation.
Global advice and counsel My experience with Australian-based companies overseas runs the gamut from helping a listed Australian mining services company acquire an internationally owned screening company to advising on numerous drilling and coal supply agreements. I’ve also advised on a joint venture agreement between two international drilling companies and helped a large timber company acquire a timber manufacturing and processing company.
Qualifications, membership and recognition
- Bachelor of Laws, University of South Africa
- Master of Laws (Corporate) – Rand Afrikaans University
- Bachelor of Arts, University of South Africa
- Postgraduate Certificate in Competition Law, University of the Witwatersrand
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Solicitor, High Court of Australia
- Solicitor, High Court of South Africa
- President, Australia-Africa Business Council
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Director, Eidos Institute Limited