Working at Macpherson Kelley
Our company structure gives us a number of advantages including how we build our business and how we invest in our people.
We grow from within, by developing and promoting talented people, and we also acquire other legal practices where we see opportunities to grow our business in new areas. Our company structure is innovative and flexible.
For those seeking opportunities in the city our locations are central and provide close proximity to our clients and to a city lifestyle. We also offer the opportunity to work out of the city in Dandenong, Victoria, where we have a long history, a dominant presence and great people and work.
We focus on building strong business minded lawyers, support staff and shared services staff; able to work closely with clients and understand their challenges and opportunities, and add value to their businesses. You may also have the opportunity to work on secondment at our clients’ offices and learn directly about their business.
Our deal is simple. We ask that you:
- Show initiative and take responsibility for driving your career. Speak up, talk straight. We prefer it that way.
- Be business minded – understand how business works, especially ours and our clients.
- Build your skills, get involved and make a broad contribution to the firm. It’s much more than just a job.
From our point of view, we will:
- Help you create and seize opportunities and build skills for a rewarding career with the firm.
- Provide great work and opportunities to work directly with our clients and build your practice.
- Provide encouragement and opportunities to learn and grow through our business school, on the job development focus and other learning opportunities.
Our values are very important to us and define how we work with our clients and with each other. They guide key decisions we make in the business and reflect how important it is to us to enjoy our work together and have fun, as well as deliver exceptional service to our clients. We work hard, and still make time to enjoy life outside of work.
- Talk straight
• Tell it as it is, respectfully
• Have the difficult conversations
• Take the blame, share the credit
• Honest and ethical, always
- Play as a team
• Work hard, have fun together, celebrate success
• Collaborate, encourage, support others
• Laughter and a positive attitude go a long way
• Do what you say you’ll do, without prompting
- Better each day
• Never stop improving
• Embrace change
Lawyers and support staff typically work in one of our key practice areas which include: